Tuesday, February 21, 2012

God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

 Well the time has come! My dad and I (mostly my very talented and creative dad) finished my brochures! I received them last Thursday (2-16-2012), my mom and Joanne Clifford brought them down to San Diego for me and we had lunch and spent some time together! It was a great time! This past Sunday, I stuffed and addressed 50 (out of 500) and prayer over them, then on Monday (2-20-12) I sent them out! I know that these letters do not go out void but that God has placed each one in the hands of the person of the person who receives it! 



So many things in my life have been a roller coaster of a journey but every single one brought me closer to the Lord, every single one brought me to a place of recognizing Christ's never ending grace in my life. There have been times where it was easy to trust that the Lord was in control, and in other times, it wasn't so easy.  I have known since I went to Africa in 2009, that THIS was what God wanted for my life, I knew that if this is what He wanted me to do it would 100% happen. Then came this past time I went in 2011, for me, it was completely different than the last time I went. I still stepped of the plane and expected to radically change the entire country of Africa in my 3 short weeks there and yet stepped off the plane in LA a few weeks later completely and utterly changed once again by this country taken over by poverty yet always oozing inexplicable joy.I know that living in Africa, teaching school, loving on children, and a passion for people to know Jesus are things that God has placed in my life so that I may live them out in HIS glory. I don't think that God would put passions in us, just to tease us with them. OUR GOD IS GOOD AND OUR GOD IS BIG! He can do anything. He has already provided so much, even presenting this amazing opportunity to spend 15 weeks doing the things I love most! I know that everything needed for this adventure will work out perfectly for His glory and I am blessed to be a tool used in the hand of the mighty craftsman, our Heavenly Father!


"HERE I AM LORD, SEND ME!"


-E

1 comment:

  1. EMILY...THIS IS AWESOME!!!! Keep it up! so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete