Wednesday, September 26, 2012

home.

“The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.” ―Maya Angelou

I have waited 21 years to find my home 
to find the place where things make sense to me
the place where love is seen in the eyes of everyone I see
the place where where children are too beautiful for words
the place where people love you simply because you love them
the place where greetings are not only expected but deeply desired 
the place where singing and dancing is 100% a constant form of worship happening, constantly
the place where my heart find true and simply joy
the place where even though I am a different skin color I feel more comfortable than ever before
the place where happiness and joy are felt from the moment I step outside
the place where I find comfort and safety just from the beauty of the clouds

I have waited 21 years to find my home, the place where my heart is at rest. 

Finally I have found that place, I have found my home. 
..........
I have moved around alot and have had too many friendship end for reasons I dont even understand, I have always felt the sting of loniless and always feeling like a stranger no matter where I was.
Now I honestly feel like it even more now that I have found the place my heart longs for constantly.

Every single morning I wake up and my heart feels like its in the bottom of my stomach, I feel as though I am going to be sick with this longing feeling of missing my family, friends, and students in Masii. Some days I just want to lie in bed and just cry because I want to be there and not here. I then begin to feel guilty about not wanting to be here, so then I get in my car to go for a drive and my Africa Childrens Choir cd blasts through the speakers, and then I remember I have no reason to feel guilty Masii is where my heart is, and its never leaving. 

Masii is my home, it is where my heart is at peace and my mind is at rest. I do not feel anxious but joy, I do not feel fear but happiness. I have seen the poorest of the poor, the most hungry, the sick and the dying and they all live and breathe in the place I call home. Recently I was hit by this incredible thought, I dont want to be in Heaven without my Masii family....
I guess I have some stuff to share with some people ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment