Sunday, May 27, 2012

H.I.K.E

WOW!
what an incredible weekend!
God is faithful.
Friday night, Pastor William and Pastor Maggie (who have adopted me as their first born daughter) came over to visit (AND BROUGHT SAMOSAS!) and informed me that I should go on a hike with the youth on Saturday because it would be great. I did not have a change to even think about it, they decided I would go.
AND AM I EVER SO THANKFUL!!!!!!!!
Yesterday (Saturday), I woke up at 6 and was ready to leave for Machakos with the youth form MCC to go on a hike. OH if I had only known what I was in store for! First I had to conquer a fear, something I had never done and honestly thought I could get away with never doing, I rode on my first public vehicle in Kenya, a BUS! oh man! It helped that I had some friends with me though! It was crowded and loud and very bumpy but I honestly loved it!
We got to Machakos and waited outside a Mulei store for what felt like forever.
Finally we were off!
We were onto our hike!
Pastor Benja led the way as we ventured on and he asked us to think about this hike in terms of our spiritual walk and how they are correlated.
At the beginning (for about 2 miles) it was really easy and really flat.
OH BOY was that over quick!
We soon began to trek upwards....straight and narrow.
I thought this may end and become flat again....at some point.....
OH BOY was I wrong!
I am pretty sure this hike was more than 8 miles (AT LEAST!) one way.
all uphill. all steep. all rocky.
ALL BEAUTIFUL!
and oh how I enjoyed the company, the laughs (how about that orange soda all over Pastor William! thanks Benja!), and the exhaustion!! 
(SO SO SO SO SO MUCH LAUGHING AND SO MUCH JOY!)
FINALLY we got to the top....
and....
OH MY GOSH!!!!
It was the most beautiful place I had ever been!
It was breathe taking and wonderful.
we spent time just sitting, playing games, talking about the Lord, and enjoying each others company.
OH HOW WONDERFUL!
it was incredible and I am so thankful for this chance to spend time with these people.
then Pastor Maggie and I joined Pastor William at a Machakos Christian Chapel church plant meeting (a year later). It was SO incredible to watch this happen. I loved to hear their joy and faith in the Lord.
finally we got back to Masii
and I laid my head on my pillow...
and did not move a muscle (I couldnt even if I wanted to!)
until MORNING!
oh happy day Sunday morning!
If you have been blessed and have been able to come here you know that Sundays at Masii Christian Chapel are THE BEST!!!!!
Church was AMAZING.
Pastor Maggie preached about forgiveness and forgiving others...
*SMACK IN THE FACE*
then after church I joined the elders, Pastor William, Pastor Maggie, and the Sunday school teachers for a meeting.
We were given a delicious lunch and talked outside where there was BEAUTIFUL WEATHER! 
about 4 hours later
I went and had a lovely dinner with (other Mazungos) Michelle and Allison from Parkcrest at Paul's house!
it was wonderful.
and now I am ready to sleep
and WAKE UP READY FOR ANOTHER WEEK!

God is GOOD.
God is faithful.


(AGAIN) look at THOSE clouds


Bridge Girders :)

"mum" "brother" and "dad" I am thankful to be adopted into this family. I kinda love them a whole whole lot.
This is where we ended up!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow!! So great! Proud of you. Love you,MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like it was sooo much fun... wish i was there with you, but i am glad that you get to be there. :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily! I'm so glad that you are having so much fun! I'm so jealous you got to go on a hike! It's so neat how the world becomes so small in ministry. like meeting Michelle and Allison! That's awesome!

    Lord,
    Thank you for your greatfulness! You are so great! Continue filling Emily's days with Joy and happiness. Only a joy and happiness that you can supply Lord. We crave your love and it is infectious. Fill her with your love and pour it out of her. Lord you love her! and she is amazing!
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete