Friday, June 1, 2012

2

HAPPY JUNE 1ST!!! 
 
"two weeks together that's all it took. Two weeks for me to fall in love with you."*

I have officially been in Masii for two weeks. I have fallen in love. I have fallen in love with students at school, people of a church, and workers at an organization. I have fallen in love with the people of Masii Christian Chapel, with the students at Masii Academy, and of all the people who work at Tumaini. 

How do I begin to tell these people how much they mean to me?

Where do I even begin? 

I have fallen in love. I have seen the grace, love and joy that comes from Masii Christian Chapel. The pastors, elders, and people are so aware of those in need around them and the inner changes that need to be made within the church. I respect these people so much, its incredible, their reckless abandonment to the Lord during worship, the Holy Spirit is SO thick and present! I have fallen in love with the youth of MCC, they love Jesus and arent afraid to show it, they have questions and arent afraid to ask them, they love each other and arent afraid to show it. I am thankful for the welcoming arms of Pastor William, Pastor Maggie, Pastor Benja, Esther, Kelvo, and Sarah (if I forgot anyone, Im sorry!). I am thankful for their laughs when I dont say a kamba word correctly, for their hugs when I feel as though I am so far from home (and they usually dont even know it!), for their hospitality and making me feel at home, and for their friendship in Jesus, nothing can compare!


I have fallen in love. I show up at school at 7:50 on Tuesday and Thursdays and I get started at for awhile, and then comes the love, the tickling, and the laughing. Each child as this school, loves Jesus and knows what it means to love people. They love to learn (which is GREAT as their teacher!), they love to play, and they love to laugh (is there anything better than giggling children?!). And the teachers are SO wonderful and nice!! 

I have fallen in love. I show up at the office, I greet Esther, Elizabeth, and my dear (NEW) friend Sarah. I am then given the best cup of chi I will ever have (THANK YOU SARAH!). I sit and talk with the ladies about the week or weekend. I laugh when Jackson comes in and talks about wanting me to marry one of his sons, and when Paul comes in I ask him about his family. I love each of these people and I love having Mondays and Fridays with them!!

These people are my family. They are the people I go to when I need something. They are the people that I laugh with while they are laughing at me. They are the people that have protected me and kept me safe. 

I love you all and I am blessed to be spending so much time with you!! 
(AND ITS ONLY WEEK 2!!!) 

For everyone that is back home, I pray that you will read this and know that I do not feel lonely but in fact I feel quite the opposite. Thank you for your prayers, love, support, and encouragement. The journey has only begun! :)


*this quote is from the movie/book Dear John*

No comments:

Post a Comment