Saturday, June 2, 2012

Kesha

(no, not the awful singer) 
Rather it was the an all night prayer and worship event at MCC (Friday, June 1, 2012 from 10pm-6am)
I wish that I could have videotaped the entire thing. 
It was literally the most incredible event I have ever witnessed. I stood there, speechless as maybe almost 30 people, worshiped with reckless abandonment to a God who gives them hope. It wasnt just that they worshiping, it was that their worship was genuine and ment for only their King to see. It was a time where they left 5 boys (between ages 9 and 12) run up on stage and dance their hearts out, with no one preventing them from doing so because everyone knew THIS was how those boy worship the Lord. (if you have never been to MCC and watched these boys dance they are INCREDIBLE!!) 
I walked outside and stood in the back for awhile and watched as every single person was singing and dancing like it was the only thing that mattered, it made me speechless and brought joyful tears to my eyes. 
I have never been in a room where the Holy Spirit was more present and moving in my whole life! It was so crazy!! 
The only thought I could even finished without being stunned was that THIS IS WHAT HEAVEN IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE! 
how incredible is that?! 

Here in Masii, Kenya, East Africa, there is a church that understands the Kingdom of God and what that means, they worship God in a way that only glorifies Him, every word they speak is edifying and encouraging in every way. No they are not perfect, but THEY GET IT! They get what it looks like to worship like Jesus wants us to worship! 

As we walked back to go to sleep around, 6 or so and as I fell asleep while the sun was rising, I was and still am in awe and humbled by the worship and hearts of everyone here. 

God is gracious. 

HE gave His son for you, I think the least we can do is worship Him and abandon everything that hinders us coming to Him.


(AND YES they even got me to dance! Thank you Kelvo, Sarah, and Esther)  
Kesha is translated 'throughout the night'

No comments:

Post a Comment