Saturday, January 19, 2013

Benji

Benji is 5 1/2 years old. 
He loves bugs, Ben10, Star Wars, and Skylanders. 
He is a fiery little red head who loves to wear his mickey mouse pirate sweatshirt. 
He is energetic, smart, wiggly, and giggly. 
He is also someone who changed my life. 

October 31, 2011 was the first day I began working with Benji at a preschool I started working at. I was hired a few weeks earlier to work with Benji because he simply needed someone to be patient and work with him every other day. Benji is one of the most brilliant children I have ever had the privilege of working with. He simply sometimes had a hard time sharing how he was feeling and controlling those feelings when needed.

He changed my life. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I worked from 7 to 9:30 with Benji, every day I fell in love with this little boy a little more. He is gracious, loving, and energetic.

He is wiggly but love hugs.
He can be loud but he loves to laugh.
His smile is contagious and so his is laugh.
He may bug you but he really loves bugs. 


 He changed my life because he showed me every day that it's ok to be a little wild and crazy sometimes, that laughing is the most fun if you do it while jumping up and down, and that running around in circles is only fun if you pretend you are riding a speeder bike from Star Wars. Benji will grow up and be compassionate and loving to those around him, because he already does that so well now. He has learned how to be the kid that is balancing on the fine line of wild and wonderful.




Yesterday, I got to see Benji at Disneyland and I was reminded of his gracious and loving nature. I got to hug and laugh with him. He shared with me about his Christmas and his new school. He invited me to come over and play. I am grateful for his love. I miss him every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment