Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The place

I can honestly say that I hardly ever have "sleepless nights" or even nights where I toss and turn even a little. And I have actually learned and practiced "counting sheep" and it actually works! I usually only get to about 10 and it really just helps me not to think about the act going to sleep. Tonight is so very different, I have tosses and turned so much that I actually counted to (at least) 100 in my act of "counting sheep" (I guess there is a first time for everything). About 45 minutes I woke up super frustrated that I have been laying in bed for the last two hours! This bed that honestly isn't my favorite bed ever but I will definitely be missing its comfort at least once before August 15. As I sat up, my frustration quickly subsided and I remembered, I am anxious and that is my problem.

I am anxiously awaiting my return to my home, to the place where grace oozes from the ground and joy engulfs the church, to the place where hope is strewn across the faces of those whose days are long. And visually hopeless, to the place where I have found the heart and soul of Jesus, the place where I am "best version of myself", the place where I have been called to bring the sweetest news of Jesus' love , the place where there is the most poverty I have ever seen but some how is also the place where I have seen the most joy. This place where the more posts or speeches I give about it, it only makes me feel more speechless.

As I lay here, literally unable to do the most simple thing in life; sleep, I can't help but think about the most simple place (& people) to love; Masii.

Everybody had a calling, I just happen to be terribly in love with mine.

Thank you Jesus for this extraordinary life, you did not give out my deservingness but rather out of the worthiness that YOU have called me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment