Tuesday, April 30, 2013

One year ago....

There is no way to put into words how much of a different person I am now then when i left for Kenya last summer. As I have looked back and read different posts before my trip last year, I see such a change in me. I am grateful to have a savior who cradles my heart in a way that allows me to change and become who He has called me to be. For me, as I become closer and closer every day to going home, I see such an excitement and joy that comes from knowing how much freedom I have found in Jesus over the last year. Last year, I went to Kenya with a heavy heart. I have issues and problems of my own that, many days, I allowed to cloud my true reason for being there. I allowed the death of my dear friend, hold me back from really searching the heart of Christ, when really that's what she would have wanted most. As I prepare to leave in two weeks, to jump on a plan at LAX at noon on May 15, fly to Georgia, then Amsterdam and the finally Niarobi, I can't help but be completely and overwhelmingly ecstatic, because I can't wait to share with others the freedom and love I have found in Jesus this past year. I am excited to love on people as truly take even more time to really know them. I am grateful to serve the God who calls His servants in a way that exemplifies their strengths and interests because their hearts are one with His. As I prepare to go back to Masii, I am learning about the thins I have taken for granted over the last year, and I pray that over the next few weeks I can truly come to a place where I learn to be thankful and grateful for what I have been given, even in the smallest things. Jesus created in us a yearning that only He can satisfy. I think this is the same in serving and loving others, I think that this is embedded in the deepest parts of our hearts and we only need to allow for Jesus to capture our selfishness and renew our joy found in loving others. I am so grateful for the journey I have been on over the past year and I am grateful to serve the one and only savior who has rescued me from myself. I think that by consciously recognizing the things I have am grateful for, I am taking time to recognize the things I am willing (& unwilling) to give up when Jesus says "Follow Me". Jesus doesn't need me to "bring anything to the table", He is the King of Kings and The Lord of Lords for goodness gracious!! All He asks is that I drop everything and follow Him, and I think by recognizing the things I am leaving, I am also learning gratefulness in the name of Jesus.

Thank you Jesus for this extraordinary life. I may not deserve it, but YOU deserve for me to give up everything and follow you.

No comments:

Post a Comment