Monday, May 13, 2013

May 15, 2013

This Wednesday on May 15, 2013 at 11:59, I am getting on a plane at LAX, then flying to Georgia, and then (finally!!) getting on a plane and flying to Niarobi. I am LEAVING this place that I have lived for about 10 months, this place that I am become way too adjusted to, this place where the last few months I have had the immense honor of babysitting other people's precious children (THANK YOU MOORE FAMILY), this place where I have (finally) grown and healed into a person I can be proud of (& I know that Jesus is proud too), this place where I have found a "home" with a family who has taught me how to be a gracious person (THANK YOU LIN FAMILY), the place where the Hoverson clan lives and thrives in the name of Jesus, the place where I lose sleep over missing my students in Masii, the place where I am grateful for the team of people who have supported me to live out my calling in Masii. As I prepare to leave in just two days by packing my stuff, saying goodbyes, skipping on sleep and overloading on people time, doing alot of "lasts"(like washing my clothes in a washer rather than by hand, or using a coffee maker), and truly readying my heart for whats to come.

Today it's two days before I leave, this is always a weird day because if you finish EVERYTHING you need to do before you leave then whats to do tomorrow (haha funny logic?!). Today as I separate and organize a huge pile of STUFF that is currently on the floor in my parents room, I plan to pray over each thing and plead that the Lord truly use everything I am and everything I have to bring glory to His name.

The last few days I have gotten the wonderful blessing to spend alot of time with my family, just the 5 of us, this time is always precious since Sarah lives in Oregon. We got to spend Friday at Disneyland together and then on Sunday for Mothers day we simply spent the whole day relaxing and making smoothies. On Saturday, I got the honor to spend the entire day with the Lins, playing, swimming, nail painting, and huggin on Luke & Bella. It's so incredible to have TWO families who invest in your heart and in your life to the point where saying goodbye will be really hard this time. It's so encouraging to think of who Jesus has sent to be in my life to truly encourage my heart.

It's funny to think of things in a way like "I definitely wont be doing this for 3 months", like using a washer and dyer, using the ice machine on the fridge, not using a mosquito net when I sleep, wearing pants in public (but not now even because its so hot!), doing homework (none for three months?! YAY!), playing elephants (or any animal) with Bella, playing Legos with Luke, hours of conversation (laughing, crying, or serious) with Peggy and Rick, hangin out with the coolest kids on the block (Russell and Grace, and I am referring to how AWESOME they look with their sunglasses on), talking about anything and everything with Gina, doing school work with Caleb, going to Starbucks with my sister, big bear hugs from my dad, shopping with my mom, using my IPhone as my main phone, how fast the interest is here even when it's slow, having my own car to drive around, or even air conditioning.

It's so cliche to talk about how you feel so blessed after living in a third world country, but its so incredibly true. As much as I LOVE MASII and I want to live there every day for forever, I have truly learned how to be grateful and thankful for my family and my life here in Chino.

As I prepare my heart to go HOME, I feel anxious and excited. Anxious that I want to do and be all that God wants me to, and excited (obviously) because I am going home.

PRAY WITH ME I VENTURE ONE MORE SUMMER INTO THE PLACE THAT HAS RAVISHED MY HEART AND THE PEOPLE WHO CALL ME FAMILY.

Thank you Jesus for bringing me this place with a gracious and hungry (for you) heart. Thank you for giving me this calling that had nothing to really do with me but has everything to do with honoring YOU. Thank you for capturing my heart and taking me through a beautiful journey of healing and growth. I am undeserving but overwhelmingly thankful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
[x6]

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine


**This song is incredible and truly expressed how grateful, honored, and protected I feel in Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment