Friday, May 17, 2013

finally here!

Well, after too many hours of traveling I am finally here!!!

I left on Wednesday May 15 at noon, flew to Atlanta and arrived there around 6:00 (their time) got some food and coffee, then at 10 pm I got onto my flight to London. I then arrived around 1pm (London time) on May 16, I had a layover until 8 and then hopped on my flight to Nairobi and arrived here at 6:30 this morning.
BYE BYE California!!

A T L A N T A

LONG layover in London but couldn't wait to board Kenya Airways!

FINALLY HOME!!!!

It's a weird feeling to dream about a place every night for SO long, that once you get here you are waiting for someone to pinch you so you can wake up. Even as I am sitting here in my room, with all my stuff unpacked and organized, it still feels so unreal. Seems ironic really, I have dreamed about being back here so much and now I am and it doesnt feel real.

It was so neat to get out of the airport, and drive to Machakos, and honestly not feel nervous at all but rather feel completely at home and completely at peace. I am very grateful to be back and almost have it seem as though everything makes sense. 

Today as I was welcomed home once again, I thought about our five senses and how incredibly blessed we are to be able to truly use each of the senses of hearing, touching, tasting, smelling, and feeling. I loved that right when I got off the plane I could SMELL the familiar smell of burning trash and dust. I loved that when I went to the super market I got to be greeted by people and feel them TOUCH my hand as they said Jambo. I loved HEARing people speak this language that I dont understand yet seems so familiar to me. I loved the FEELing that everyone is (because they are!) always staring at you because you are a mzungu! I loved the delicious TASTE of the samosas and tea I eat for breakfast in Machakos.

As I sit in my room, stupidly exhausted from traveling, I am excited to see and pray about what God will do this summer through my time here. I know that I am incapable of nothing without Jesus and I am so grateful that He uses me here.

1 comment: