Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pray for me.

Well, my time here is quickly coming to an end. As I spend my last few days here, I can’t help but be in awe of all the things that God has allowed me to do and experience since I have been here.
  • I was able to visit Wamunyu Special School, three times. This school and these students have such a unique and special place in my heart.
  • I was able to do ministry with Pastor William and Pastor James at Mwangaza School. What a blessing this was! I was so honored to share my testimony with them and truly share with them all that the Lord has to offer them.
  • I was able to teach school (again) at Masii Academy. I learned SO much about the kind of teacher I want to be and different ways to present myself and the material to my students.
  • I was able to meet my new baby sister, Jessica and spend more time with my Kenyan mom and dad. I am so blessed that they take such good care of me, always.
  • I was able to become very close to Elder Henry’s family. I spent so much time with Mama David, David, and Keziah. I am so honored that they allow to buy them presents and to become a part of their family.
  • I was able to work closely with the Tumaini office here. I was able to help video tape kids for the marathon next year and grow closer to all of the staff here.
  • I was able to begin to support a little girl through Tumaini. What a blessing to meet her, hug her, and kiss her! I love her so much!
  • I was able to spend time with the team that came from Valley! I am so grateful that they came and that I was able to share with them the things that have gripped my heart forever and to work alongside them in ministry was such a gift. Mom, Dad, Sarah, Caleb, Kaleb, Rick, Ken, Catie, Sean, Jackie, & Ian, KNOW that YOU are missed and everyone is so glad that you came and keeps asking when you will come back! KNOW that you changed SO many lives here!
  • I was able to spend time with the many teams that have come to Masii. Yuma, Parkcrest, Downey, and Wisconsin, thank you for all you did while you were here! Everyone was so blessed by your presence.
  • I was able to preach and give my testimony at church. What an incredible honor to stand before both my American & Kenyan family and proclaim the victory that Jesus has had in my life.
  • I was able to and completely honored to go visit Faith at her school, and meet all of her friends and teachers. Faith has changed my life in so many ways that I can’t even begin to name. I am so blessed by her constant love in my life.

I am so thankful for these past 3 months and how God has moved and changed my heart. I am grateful that He called me here and that not one single second had He ever left me alone.

As I spend my last 3 full days in Masii, I ask that you pray for me.
  • Pray that my heart will become completely as peace with coming home, and knowing that I will come back.
  • Pray that I will never forget all that I experienced and did.
  • Pray that I can cherish my last days here.
  • Pray that I can honor the people here with my last days and last words as I say goodbye.
  • Pray that my nerves of leaving from an airport that was on fire last week will be gone and I will be filled with God’s peace.
  • Pray that as I pack my stuff, that everything will fit! J


Thank you for everyone who read my blogs and really encouraged me since I have been here! I am in awe of how God used YOU in my life. Thank you so much. 

"The Lord bless you and keep you; 
The Lord make His face shine upon you, 
And be gracious to you; 
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, 
And give you peace."

Number 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment