Thursday, August 30, 2012

3 weeks

It's August 30, 2012 I have been home for three weeks, I honestly don't know how I got to this point. In the last 3 weeks I  have gone to Oakhurst on a family vacation, started school, and began looking for a job. I spend some time each day looking through my pictures and thinking about the family that  I left behind. 
As my heart yearns to remember the warmth of hugs from my munchkins, to stand in front of a class of happy little students, to walk everywhere with my feet covered in dirt, to spend time with people who have learned what it means to cherish and love one another. 
As I sit here after being away from Masi for 3 weeks and one day, I see that spending 3 months in Kenya was the most amazing  thing that will ever happen in my whole life. I got to spend 3 months doing what I was born to do, to teach children, to spend time with fellow teachers, to make new friends and new family. I am overly abundantly blessed to have been able to live out the beginning of my calling before I even finish college. 
 ...................................
What does it mean to say "this is my home"?
does it simply mean where our birth family lives?
does it mean our current address?
does it mean where you want to be?
does it mean to be around people you love?
does it mean a building with four walls and a roof?
or maybe websters dictionary definitions "one's place of residence, the social unit formed by a family living together"?
....................................
I have learned exactly what home means while living for 3 months away for every kind of normal I have ever known.  
Home is the place where you feet move to see more, your heart is sewn so tightly to the hearts of others there, your mind forgets what your life was like before you got there, and your soul yearns to stay forever. 
That's what home means to me. 
That's Masii means to me. 
A place where my feet are always going on to the next thing, where my heart is constantly being sewn into the hearts of the people there, where my mind can't remember my life before while I am there, and my soul (my whole being) never wants to leave. 
................................... 
my heart will always belong there. 
always.  

No comments:

Post a Comment