Tuesday, August 7, 2012

goodbye (2)

 As I sit here at the end of my last full day here in Masii, I am broken. I miss my family (in America) so much yet my heart aches knowing that after just a week (if that) I will long to be back in this place that I now call home. Today I visited a few Tumaini kids (who they were will be a surprise!), I went to the wood carving place, I had lunch at Mama Keziah's house (SO GOOD!), then Elizabeth (from T.I.O) helped me pack (thankfully we finished in an hour), then I went to Shammah to say bye to Mary, then I went and bought sweets and soda, I went and said bye to Faith and Mary (SO HARD to say goodbye!), then I went to say goodbye to Caleb and Annett (this was also SO very hard!), and then I went to Pastor and Maggy's house and had some dinner and said goodbye. I am sad to say that tomorrow I am leaving. As I go to sleep I long for more days here and for more hours available in each day. I am confident I will come back, I know that the Lord has placed my heart here for a reason. I love every moment I have been here and I am thankful for the old friends I got to reconnect with and the many new people that I have now fallen in love with.








These goodbyes were hard. 
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment