Thursday, February 21, 2013

Safe

"We are not called to be safe, we are simply promised that when we are in danger, God is right there with us. And there is no better place to be than in His hands."-Katie J. Davis

To many, Africa seems like a scary and horrible place, simply from what they hear on the news and the gruesome pictures they are shown. It's safe to say that I will never ever in my whole life, feel like Kenya or even Africa, is a horrible and scary place. Yes I can never say that there weren't moments are times that I was scared while I was in Masii. Once, while walking back to my room with Pastor William and Pastor Maggie, we have to walk by this bar to get here and it was really late and right as we were about to turn down the ally there was a bar fight breaking out. I honestly didnt think anything would happen to me, but still a little nerve racking. Most know this, but while I was in Masii, I also got malaria, it is safe for me to say this was the most scary moment in my life. Malaria is very painful, I describe it as having cramps constantly contracting in and out  in the upper region of your ribs nonstop, along with fever, headaches, and body aches. There has never been another moment, ever, where I thought that I may die. Yes, as a Christian we are not supposed to be afraid of dying but that's the truth and thats what I was afraid of, the pain was so bad and so horrible I was scared because I didnt know what would happen. 

As funny as it sounds, I have never felt as safe as I do in Masii, this is my home and I would never want to leave. Even though I truly am not allowed to be out at night, or walk to places by myself (even though I do), and I am sure to lock my room at night, I still feel safe. This is the place where I am the best version of myself, I am in the moment that Jesus created me for. There is no fear in that. 

There is no better place then in the hands of Jesus, no matter where He has called you or where you are, you are SAFEST in arms of Jesus. Jesus has called us out of the darkness and into His marvelous light, because HE LOVES US and HE DESIRES US TO REST SAFELY IN HIS ARMS. 

I know many people that simply long to get a boyfriend or get married to get out the rut they are in, or to feel loved, or to feel safe, and my heart aches because no one person can give that someone else, the only true love and safety comes from Jesus. Jesus died so that we would KNOW His love.
Rest in His arms, as you go through your day, give HIM your burdens and your worries because that's what He died to do for you. 


"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:29-30

No comments:

Post a Comment