Friday, July 19, 2013

Pauline Mwende

Well, as most people read in a blog post a few days ago, my sister and I together sponsored a little girl named Musengya. Little did we know that she was already sponsored, the office was simply trying to get a hold of the donor, but she already payed for a few months. We found out this morning, and for me, it automatically felt like I got punched in the chest, simply because it was overwhelming. I had fallen in love, posted on facebook, wrote a blog and told EVERYONE about Musengya. It was hard, at first. After we were told, my sister and I went into my room to talk. I knew what she was going to say, she said, "I think that we should sponsor our kids alone." THAT felt overwhelming, also, simply because I was SO excited to do this with my sister. She left, and I cried, alot. I actually got in the shower in attempts to stop crying. I wasn't sure why I was crying, I just knew I was sad. 

I was sad because I already fell in love with Musengya. 
I was sad because I wanted to do it with my sister. 
I was sad because I already felt like Musengya was OURS. 

As I stood in the shower, with soap running in my eyes (another reason to cry), I heard the Lord say "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 Then I realized, how blessed I am! What an incredible thing to be able to bless Musengya, have her already be sponsored and GET to sponsor two other kids (since my sister and I aren't doing it together). 

As we drove away on the bus, I was informed that we would be visiting my new girl this afternoon. I all of a sudden became SO nervous! We had to go to the store (where I got some stuff for her) and then came back to the hotel, so when we came back I got together some extra stuff we had, to give her. 

I finally got to meet her! 
She lives in Machakos, which is a bit nicer than Masii but still rough. 

Her name is Pauline Mwende Rabecca (yes HOW cute that we have the same Kamba name!)
She is 9. and in class 3. 

She is beautiful and I am so thankful that I get to sponsor her. 
Even just through this experience today, she has taught me about Jesus' faithfulness even when I can't feel it. I may not have anywhere to live when I get back to Point Loma, but I will be able to blessed a girl all the way in Kenya with food, protection, care, and school fees. 

Now: 
I am thankful because I already fallin in love with Pauline
I am thankful because I can afford to do it alone. 
I am thankful because Pauline is mine. :) 

HERE SHE IS:









Its funny because Sarah later pointed out how, we agreed that we would only sponsor Musengya together until we could both (comfortably) afford to sponsor someone separately. She brought up how, THAT has happened, it just happened WAY sooner than we planned, and it wont necessarily be a "comfortable" sacrifice but it is a choice to give out of our hearts and not out of our abundance. I am so thankful for Jesus' grace when my emotions fail me. 


Here is a picture of Sarah and her girl, Faith. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! They are precious! That worked out so great! =)

    ReplyDelete