Friday, July 5, 2013

THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!

After a month and a half of fibbing (& feeling SO bad), last night (July 4) I successfully surprised the team when they got to the airport in Nairobi. I was so excited, I wanted to scream! It was so great to see my dad walk out first and have him yell "HEY ITS EMILY!". I am SO glad it was a surprise! It was so neat to be able to have that time with the team before coming to Masii on Friday.

On Thursday night, we stayed at HEART (an organization in Nairobi, that works with WEEP centers and Community Transformers). WEEP centers, are places in which women live, and can earn a living doing some sort of craft, while being HIV+. Community Transformers, are a group of people who live in the Mathari slum. They "work" in this slum, they are the TRUE heroes of the universe (for lack of a better description). They travel INTO the slums, and take care of the weak, the sick, and the dying. They give when they have nothing, and their hearts are kingdom minded.

Then after that, we drove to Machakos and went to the supermarket and have some samosas! Finally we came closer to (my) home. Even though I was only gone for about 24 hours, I was so excited to come back to Masii!! Then we unpacked all the stuff, and went to our rooms to sort it all out. Then we had dinner and worked on our bible study.

It was truly a great day!
I am so happy that these WONDERFUL people are here!






Dad with Nick, the guy who started Community Transformers! (He saw a need, and is filling it by being the hands and feet of Jesus every single day)

We had the humbling opportunity to wash the feet of the Community Transformers team. 
They are doing INCREDIBLE things for the kingdom! 







No comments:

Post a Comment