Saturday, June 15, 2013

Faith

As we sped along a road, that was more bumpy than the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland, and was so dusty that it blanketed all of the used to be green bushes along the road and made them into brown bushes. It felt like we were going SO fast! We drove along this road for 2 hours, when finally we arrived at our destination! I was so excited to see my dear friend, I could barely stand it.

Finally, I saw her! She ran over to me and buried her face in my chest, I couldn’t believe it, she was even more perfect than I remember! Faith Makenzie, my dear friend whom I hadn’t seen in almost a year, was now standing with me and hugging me as tight as possible!

I went there with Mama Faith, Baba Faith, Mary (little sister), and Robert (big brother). It was so great! We left school after getting her and went somewhere quiet to eat and enjoy each others company! It was wonderful!

I have loved Faith from the moment I met her in 2009. She has taught me so much about love, joy, Jesus, children, and myself! My relationship with Faith, has been THE MOST constant thing in my life for the past 4 years, as I look back I can’t believe how much I have fallen in love with her. She is the person who is always excited to see me, always has a kind thing to say, and always wants to laugh and play as much as I do.

Today was incredible. I got to see Faith’s school, her classroom, her performance sheet (she is improving and so brilliant!) and I got to meet all of her teachers! It was such an honor to be invited to her schools visiting day, and be able to walk alongside her as she works so hard in school! At the beginning of this year, Faith moved to boarding school which can be a scary and something that requires a kid to grow up very fast! Faith is doing wonderful and is as beautiful and brilliant as ever.


I am unsure if I will get to see Faith again before  I leave, but I am so grateful for this day and for being able to see my best friend.

at her desk! 

outside her class

Faith with her older brother and her little sister!





gave her a bible, proud that this is what she was most excited about!








I never wanted to let go!



I think she likes her new backpack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment