Monday, June 10, 2013

HOME

well today was officially the first day that Masii has felt like home (again). I know, silly me, it only took 2 days. I was sick practically all weekend, having to leave church on Sunday and missing one of my sweet girls birthday party too and today having a headache all morning. In the afternoon, I went to Pastor Williams house and watched a movie and had some tea, on the way to his house, I saw Faith's mom and I saw Elder Henry's wife who invited me to dinner this week. It's selfish but THESE are the reasons that now, Masii feels like home.

"Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came. You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same You wanna be where everybody knows Your name. "

As I walked through the market and through the town, its hard not to be overwhelmed with this sense of home as people yell your name from far away, knowing that you'll wave back. I am honored that Faith would invite me to her school visitation day, that Mama Keziah would invite me to their house without so much as a hesitation or thought, that Pastor William would treat me like his daughter and want to me stay and come over all the time, care about how I am, what I am eating, how I am feeling, what I am doing tomorrow, and when I will see them next. The honor for me is not in this idea that they love me but rather they allow their hearts, homes, and families to be my home.

(this was taken last year, I havent had the chance to take another like this yet)


I am SO grateful and honored to BE here, and even more so that the people here allow me to come and invade their homes and their hearts as I learn how to love them like Jesus does.

No comments:

Post a Comment