Tuesday, June 11, 2013

true love

"The interesting thing is that when you forgive people for not being God, then you can celebrate that they are a reflection of God."-Henri Nouwen

I think so much of the time, we long for someone to be EVERYTHING for us.
We want our parents to never mess up and always love us no matter what.
We want our friends to always agree with us and always want to hang out with us.
We want our roommate to never get tired of us and clean up after themselves.
We want our family to understand when we want to be alone and when we want to be around them.

At what point will we admit that we are desiring for people to be perfect for us all the time.

Thankfully Jesus IS everything for us.
We dont have to search any farther!

-----------
I recently read this very interesting blog post ( http://crossshapedstuff.com/2013/06/04/how-i-know-my-wife-married-the-wrong-person/ ) that I read (at first) simply because of the odd title. Then as I began to read how this man recognized that according to the world, his wife married the wrong person.

I am THAT girl (like others, I hope that I am not alone) that has fallen into this idea that this person will come along, want to marry me because of my heart, will want to (and will) marry me and then never hurt me ever.......
Dont worry, the feeling is momentary usually. 

Funny enough, usually when I am feeling this way, I do one of two things, I either read a Nicholas Sparks book (let me explain), or I turn on Twilight (let me explain).
 1. I LOVE Nicholas Sparks books, in a beautiful way its been an incredible journey that the Lord has taken me through, as I read books that so many are obsessed with the "happy ending" picture it provides, He has helped me fall in love with the middle part, the climax, the part where you see both peoples failure, and whilst Jesus reminds me that He doesn't have any "failures" or "imperfections" to share with me. 
2.  I have a small fasination with the Twilight series, I recently read all the books, and find the whole story very interesting. (As someone who felt for so long that she didn’t fit in and finally found the thing that makes me me, I sorta get where Bella’s comin from) But for the reason of remembering that no one is perfect (EXCEPT the person who DIED for me), its easy to remember that when you watch a movie about someone whose boyfriend wants to drink her blood, through out 4 movies and 3&1/2 books. 
(if you need a longer explanation of one these, just ask)

Thankfully, after doing one of these, I can open my bible and ready my heart once again as I am reminded of the most BEAUTIFUL love story. The one where the Savior of the world, died for me, so that I can spend eternity with Him (talk about TRUE LOVE!!)

Thankfully, as I daily pray for my future husband, I also pray for myself, that I won't rush or push him to be something he isn't, because whoever that is, Jesus created perfectly FOR me (NOT perfect in nature though).  

Jesus never asked me to BE perfect, He just asks that we LOVE HIM (thankfully He gave us a PERFECT example)
------------------------------------
So as we, once again, go through a day, where we are attempting to love others the best we can, we also can remember that others are loving us the best they can. And by recognizing that, we also see that JESUS is the fulfiller of our needs and others are simply the "icing on top of Jesus' love cake". (that sounded better in my head)
-------------------------------------
"The interesting thing is that when you forgive people for not being God, then you can celebrate that they are a reflection of God."-Henri Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment