Tuesday, June 4, 2013

#honorkenya2013



One Month from today (on July 4th), the team from Valley that is coming will arrive in Nairobi. I am so very excited for them to get here and to have some other “mzungu’s” around here. Something that has been on my mind since before I even left was how I would act when this team arrived. Not that I would necessarily act any different or in any certain way, but in a way that I am consciously recognizing that they are here. Masii is my home, and I hope that it always will be. But the people that are coming, all 11 of them, are my family. (sounds goofy?! No way) But ever since I realized that I would be coming before them, I have had to pray and ask for maturity and consciousness as I help prepare their trip from this end.

As I help prepare for them to come, I am becoming more conscious of the things that I will definitely want to do or rather not do when the team is here, simply because I never want them to feel like I am trying to “one up” them in any way.  I will obviously be inviting anyone to go with me, wherever I go, even if it’s just to the market, I will make a point (hopefully) introduce them to people when I see them, I will not call Maggie and Pastor William, mum and dad because my own parents will be here and that is disrespectful to them, I will not be in my room alone but rather I will always try to go out and talk with whoever is sitting in the dining hall. These seem like funny things, but these are things that, other words I wouldn’t think about because I am here, singularly by myself.

This is not complaining about what may change, but excitement! I am so very excited for everyone to come and see it all! I am aware of the changes that these 11 people coming here will do and I am so thankful for each person’s willing heart to listen to the call on their lives!

I spend quite a bit a time alone, since I need to be in my room by 7 and then there is obviously no one up here to talk to. I could easily say THAT is why I am excited for the team to come but oh it is so much more than that.  I am so excited for those who have come before to see how things have (and haven’t) changed. I am so excited for those who have never been here to experience the love that explodes from every flick of dust in this little town.

As they prepare to come over this next month and doing the first and last minute things, PRAY FOR THEM. Hold their names and their faces closely in your heart as you go to Jesus and pray for them; pray that their hearts will be softened before they even come, pray that they won’t home the same, pray that they will be ready and excited to wake up and take on each day!

Mom- I am so excited to see you! I can’t wait for you to go to the WEEP centers.

Dad- I am so excited for you to see your friends at Community Transformers and “ACTION JACKSON”

Sarah- I cannot wait for you to see Mary!! HE IS HUGE!

Caleb- I can’t wait for you to come and meet your brother Martin!

Rick- I can't wait for you to see my home and I am so glad and excited that you are coming!

Catie- We have become fast friends and I cannot wait for you to experience all that Masii has to offer

Ken- I am so glad that you are coming and that you have such a huge heart for serving others.

Kaleb- I can’t wait for you to come back and see everybody again, they miss you!

Sean – I am glad that you are coming and have such a courageous heart to serve Jesus!

Jackie- I can’t wait for you to come back and experience it all over again!

Ian- I am excited for you to come and meet your TIO kid!

I can’t wait for you all to come! See you soon!!!



Some things that may be helpful to bring:

Bug spray

Your own pillow

Bed bug spray

Downey fabric spray (to dewrinkle your clothes)

A sweater, it may be cold at night.

 



And

Lastly, hurry up and get here already!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lord, you are with Emily. She clings to you tightly. You are the almighty God who has sent his son to save us. Oh, how you have sent your servant Emily to a new home. Just as God called Abrams. Genesis 12:1 "Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great so that you will be a blessing. And I will bless those that bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." just as God changed Abrams and Sara I'd name, God has given you a new name in honor of Hid promise. You are as Joseph, persecuted and given up to a type of slavery, in your younger years. But now you have been brought up into the land of "Egypt" and have been put in charge of the large store houses. And now you are bringing your family to meet with you to share in God's bounty. Thank you mwende for preparing God's work for us to do, you are in charge of His storehouses and we will all be blessed by His glorious work and praise him for what he has done and his truly humble servant, you. You, Mwende, are like the servants in the bible. Your story would be written it, it mirrors so closely to the forefathers of our faith who were picked up, chosen, called to a new land. Called to do something big for God. You are awesome! And by Awesome I mean that the awesomeness that you are IS God. Like in Hebrew the word for awesome for God would be the word for you because He is you. (even though I don't know Hebrew... Lol, but you get what I mean).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many typos.... Sorry that's my phone. It wouldn't let me go back to delete them..

      Delete
  2. Once again...it became so "real" today!!! Funny how that happens from time to time. I love you!! I am excited...TO SEE YOU!!! For other things too. :) -Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily...please know that the Gasper's are lifting you, your family and the whole team up in prayer. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time, but also maturing and growing into your own woman! Wow! You should be comforted with all the Lord has brought to you and will continue to bring you. He is there to help you to move forward in your life...no looking back :)

    ReplyDelete